History of the Club
In the late 19th century, there were at least 20 women’s groups interested in civic and cultural improvements in Rockford along with intellectual growth of its members. Mrs. Marie Seely Perry invited representatives from each group to her home to discuss combining the groups to improve their overall effectiveness. In February, 1897, 90 women from 13 clubs voted to federate, and the Rockford Woman’s Club was formed. The Club House officially opened in 1918.
Members of the Club meet several times a month to socialize and participate in philanthropic, civic, cultural and educational improvement projects on a regular basis.