Our story began In 1897 when 13 independent women’s groups dedicated to civic and cultural improvements and the intellectual growth of its members joined forces to form The Rockford Woman’s Club (RWC). Throughout our history we have been a major force in serving the community. Today our mission remains the same:
The Rockford Woman’s Club serves to promote and encourage philanthropy, civic and cultural improvements and education. We support and offer opportunities for growth and service for all women in our community.
This year we are celebrating the 100th anniversary of our elegant historic club house - The Rockford Woman’s Club Building, an elegant events venue and members’ club, at 323 Park Avenue in the heart of downtown Rockford. In addition to hosting Rockford Woman’s Club luncheons and events, the club can be rented out for formal or informal gatherings. The 800 seat Rockford Theatre at The Rockford Woman’s Club is available for stage productions and can be utilized in conjunction with the club to accommodate a wide variety of events.